Acupuncture can be beneficial for many equine conditions, including the following:
- Treating musculoskeletal problems such as muscle soreness, back pain, arthritis, laminitis, injuries to tendons, ligaments and bone.
- Identifying and eliminating causes of poor performance and subtle lameness
- Neurological disorders such as laryngeal hemiplegia (roaring) and facial nerve paralysis
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as diarrhea, gastric ulcers and colic
- Reproductive problems (infertility or decreased fertility)
- Respiratory problems such as Equine Asthma (heaves)
- Eye conditions such as uveitis
- Cushings disease (PPID)
For some conditions, acupuncture alone is effective. For others, acupuncture combined with conventional medicine reduces the need for medications or provides better healing and/or pain relief.